While VoIP communications are fast becoming popular with consumers, from an economical standpoint, businesses stand to benefit the most from VoIP services. The major advantages of switching from a standard telephone company service to VoIP are:
- Business VoIP is less expensive than traditional business phone service.
- Business VoIP offers far more features and flexibility when compared to standard phone services.
The bottom line is that a business VoIP solution will offer more customizable features at a lower cost. This translates into a certain return on investment in a competitive market.
What is VoIP?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) business communications utilize Internet-based calling protocols instead of standard phone lines. This allows for software-based features that are not available with standard phone company service. Email fax is often a complimentary product to VoIP.
Features of a VoIP Business Phone System
In addition, a VoIP PBX system can be configured to use existing phone lines by having them connected over VoIP gateways. This means that a business can have all the features of VoIP communications and still use their currently existing PSTN phone lines.
Since VoIP systems are software driven, a business system can be easily programmed to offer customized features that will enhance the productivity of everyday communications. These features can include:
- Virtual Phone Numbers – extra phone numbers from different areas can be added to the same line. This offers local calling capability to customers from different area codes.
- Online Account Management – offers greater visibility of phone service costs and instant feature additions.
- Call Conference Management – easily configure conference calling with video capability.
- Software-based Voicemail Configuration – complete customization of voicemail and voice-mail to email capability.
- Complete On-Site Call Management – the capability to manage all aspects of phone service through a business IT department instead of having to contact the phone company.
A business relies on its ability to communicate. Increased options that are afforded a business in the area of communication will supply a greater competitive edge. With the features and pricing associated with VoIP, more businesses are switching over to this higher level of service. In fact, VoIP is considered the standard for business communication for companies that are concerned with cost effectiveness and feature options.